Thursday, August 13, 2009

Computer Science Outreach - Recent Experience and Talk at GHC

I just got back from a morning at a summer camp held by Carleton University called Virtual Ventures. This week they are hosting the Girls@VV camp, and I joined them for a couple of hours to show them what computer science is really all about.

You can read my blog post about it, where I discuss some of the things the girls would like to see to help get themselves and others interested in computer science at a young age.

Much of this material is the same as what I used during my own week-long mini-course that I designed and taught called Computer Science and Games: Just for Girls! I will be presenting about this mini-course during the conference if you'd like to learn more. I am scheduled for Friday October 2 @ 10am. Hope to see you there!

No comments: